A highly-motivated Senior IT Professional with over 10 years of experience gained within a range of specialist business IT environments, experienced and skilled in a vast array of technical and business disciplines. A tactful and diplomatic manager with excellent communication skills and a creative problem-solver with a high degree of attention to detail.
- (Exam) Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist – Windows 7
- (Exam) Microsoft Certified Professional – Administering Windows Server 2012
- (Exam) Microsoft Certified Professional – Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- (Course) Microsoft Certified Professional – Advanced Features Windows Server 2012
- (Exam) ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- (Course) Stepping up to Management
- (Course) Microsoft Certified Professional – Storage and Compute Windows Server 2016
- (Course) Microsoft 365 Security Administrator
- Managing mixed end user device estates of up to 2500 devices for both software and hardware.
- Managing mixed OS and platform server estates of up to 300 Servers for both software and hardware.
- Experienced in tools such as PowerShell using it to automate process and create tools for process improvement.
- Some basic experience of Linux and Bash.
- Management multi location environments
- Management and administration of email platforms such as Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes.
- Design and management network security and compliance with use of Group Policy and Active Directory.
- Valuing all end users as customers of the IT department and being mindful of the customer experience.
- Network management and experienced in DHCP and DNS as well as troubleshooting.
- Experience in the Microsoft System Centre suite for tasks such as OS and application deployment.
- I have developed and deployed some key business systems such as Confluence and Jira Service Desk.
- Web development with some experience in HTML/CSS/Bootstrap.
- Other notable experience in: Sophos Safeguard, TMG/Web Proxies, Autoline/Kerridge,Android/IOS/Blackberry,Unify/Mitel Telephony.
During both of my previous roles I have heavily relied on PowerShell to create tools for my team and the business to streamline processes such as:
Disabling of stale Active Directory User and Computer objects.
- Forced password change to prevent password expiry part way through the day.
- Client information collection functions using WMI.
- Computer auditing – pulling data from Active Directory and Dell API.
- GUI apps created using PowerShell Studio.
- Active Directory Group auditing automated emails.
- Active Directory User expiry notification automated emails.
- Software installation scripts to install multiple MSI and EXE files with required prompts.
- Functions to calculate Active Directory User Password Expiry.
- Client backup script to export Printers, network drives, Mailbox information (Using the Outlook API), user data.